Club members Peggy Wagner, Peggy Look and Nancy McCulloch sort medical supplies for Intervol.
Club members Alyce Van Patten and Sandy Yorkey-Morgan are ready to wrap gifts for Step-by-Step.
June 2016 Service Project
Zonta members helping St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center’s Gala fundraiser
Monthly collection initiative
|Service, dedication and loyalty are the strengths of the Zonta Club of Rochester. Our Club members are always eager to help local agencies who support Zonta’s mission of advancing the status of women. A few of the service activities that we have engaged in are:
- Supporting women’s shelters by collecting personal care items.
- Providing registration and auction assistance at the fundraising events of local agencies.
- Purchasing and embellishing journals for women in recovery.
- Providing financial support to local agencies through our annual grant program. Some of the programs we provided funds to are the following agencies: Catholic Family Center’s Healthy Sisters Soup & Bean Works, Center for Youth, Crisis Nursery, Embrace Your Sisters, Safe Journey, Willow, Volunteers of America Working Wardrobe, Coffee Connections and Resolve.
- Providing financial support to international programs through the Zonta International Foundation.
DONATION’S THAT ARE ALWAYS ACCEPTED:
- personal care items, (toiletries)
- printer cartridges
- sweatsuits, coats, hats, gloves (any size)
- cotton fabric (fun prints, light colors)
- gross gain ribbon
- gift cards, Joanne Fabric, Walmart
- Gas cards, Bus passes
- Gift cards to Tops or Wegmans
- 2018 Calendars
- non perishable food
- cleaning supplies
- office supplies
Please contact us at [email protected]. Thank you!